The aim of the project is to raise awareness of the potential of storytelling for community building and to promote storytelling as a learning tool in adult education and social cultural life.
The Story Regions project wants to:
- raise awareness of the potential of storytelling and to promote storytelling as a learning tool in different fields of formal and non-formal adult education and socio-cultural life;
- raise awareness of the potential of storytelling as a tool for participation and (European) citizenship awareness;
- foster social inclusion, especially with regard to disadvantaged groups, migrants, new comers;
- improve the professional capacity of teachers, adult trainers, community workers and cultural professionals in using stories and storytelling with their target groups;
- improve the professional capacity of socio-cultural actors in a community to build storytelling based projects for community development;
- develop a regional approach to promoting and enhancing intersectoral cooperation on applied storytelling for learning and for social cohesion;
- contribute to the professional development of ‘storytelling curators’ who promote and support the introduction of storytelling in societal sectors and enhance international and intersectoral networking and cooperation in this respect;
- develop an intercultural and international dimension to the approach and tools.
- coordinated by: REGIONFORBUNDET VASTERBOTTENS LAN , Umea, Sweden
- Five partners from five countries (PL, DE, BE,SW, IT)
- funded by the European Commission, European Erasmus+
- Duration: 09/2014-11/2016